Covid-19 Safety Measures: September 2020
We will be following government guidelines and taking all possible precautions to protect the health and safety of both pupils and staff.
Essential measures include:
- A requirement that people who are ill stay at home.
- Robust hand hygiene.
- Enhanced cleaning and ventilation arrangements.
- Active engagement with NHS Track and Trace.
- Formal consideration of how to reduce contacts and maximise distancing between those in school wherever possible and minimise the potential for contamination so far as is reasonably practicable.
Contacts and risk of transmission to be reduced by:
Grouping children together - year group 'bubbles.'
- Avoiding contact between groups - zones in operation for break and lunch.
- Staggered arrival and departure times to keep the bubbles apart.
- All staff must wear a face covering when moving around the inside communal areas of the school and when outside with the parents. They do not need to wear them when teaching or on breaks when on the playground. Staff can use visors when in the classroom when teaching if they choose.
- Arranging the Year 2 classrooms with forward-facing desks.
- Staff maintaining distance from each other - 2 metres and distancing from pupils as much as possible.
- A one-way system in place for parents and children into school.
- All parents/carers to wear a face mask when on the school grounds.
- Sanitiser/cleaning stations are positioned in all rooms and available throughout the school.
- Staff and pupils must wash their hands for more than 20 seconds, more frequently.
- We will ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting and implementing the 'catch it, bin it, kill it' approach. All rooms have a covered bin.
- Pupils to use year group toilets only 'bubble toilets'.
- Reduced movement around the school site - movement only with a teacher. Pupils to stay in the same classroom
- Teaching staff will have their own equipment (whiteboard markers, pens, pencils etc) to minimise the potential transfer of infection between staff.
- Pupils and staff should not attend the school site if they are experiencing any symptoms of Coronavirus (continuous cough, high temperature, change/loss of taste or smell).
- Pupils and staff should not attend the school site if they are self-isolating.
- If a child is experiencing Corona virus symptoms, parents/carers must contact us as early as possible. This will allow us to take appropriate next steps if necessary, in line with the government's track and trace programme.
- Parents/carers must inform the school by 9.10am if their child is going to be absent.